DECAPOLIS Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» DECAPOLIS » Topics » Relationships » Anniversary Protocol

- Email Page    
Author Topic: Anniversary Protocol
Meghan
Ultimate Ninja

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meghan   Email Meghan   Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the first time I have an anniversary to celebrate. Mine and my boyfriend's anniversary is early next week.

I'm curious - what's the gift protocol? Am I supposed to be getting him something?

Posts: 10663 | From: portland, living in mexico | Reg: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Theory
Ultimate Ninja

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Theory   Email The Theory   Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh! Ooh! I know this one!

...wait. Strike that. No I don't.

Posts: 13177 | From: Hogwarts | Reg: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
p e t e
mega mecha ultra super member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for p e t e   Email p e t e   Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would say it calls for a burrito. A really nice burrito.

(p e t e)

Posts: 4568 | From: second largest wyoming in the us | Reg: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Meghan
Ultimate Ninja

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meghan   Email Meghan   Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where are the married people?

I did a really awesome job at Christmas presents, a good mix of creative stuff I thought of for him, and stuff he wanted. So, now I got nothing.

JasonIsAGeeksMom
Administrator

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JasonIsAGeeksMom   Email JasonIsAGeeksMom   Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I;m not big on the whole anniversary present thing so I go nothing.
Ira and I have been married going on 27 years and together for almost 29 years and I seriously could not tell you ANY of my special gifts from him WITH the exception of my camera equipment which he did not give me for anniversaries. BUT time we have spent together?And trips we've taken? And the sweet recording he did of his own voice singing our song even though he couldn't carry a tune to save his life? THOSE are priceless to me! [Smile]

I would rather someone spend time with me......like plan a day of fun.
Even make it a theme day if you want.
Something from the heart that took thought and effort on your part should always be appreciated.

Posts: 19818 | From: dallas,tx | Reg: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Meghan
Ultimate Ninja

I totally agree, themom. We are going to a really nice dinner. I'm just worried he'll show up with something, and I'll be like "uh..... I didn't get you anything.".
p e t e

Icon 1 posted      Profile for p e t e   Email p e t e   Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe you misunderstood me. I'm not talking about just getting a Taco Bell burrito that isn't on the value menu. I'm talking about a proper burrito. The kind you put on a plate and eat with a fork. With real meat, more than one kind of cheese, and sauce on the outside.

Think about it.

(p e t e)

Posts: 4568 | From: second largest wyoming in the us | Reg: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
JasonIsAGeeksMom
Administrator

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JasonIsAGeeksMom   Email JasonIsAGeeksMom   Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Meghan...come up with a gift from the heart.
Whether it's a all about the two of y'all day.
Or a photo book of all the good times y'all had.
A slideshow of pictures of said good times set to y'all's favorite music.
That way even if he doesn't show up with something for you...your gift is one that you both can and will enjoy and have a great time talking about in the months/years to come.

And if that doesn't sound good to you I would go with pete's idea and go and get that fancy burrito! [Wink]

Posts: 19818 | From: dallas,tx | Reg: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Meghan
Ultimate Ninja

Pete - my boyfriend would actually really love that.

Good ideas, TheMom! I just feel like I used all those good ideas up for Christmas. for example - he moved to Portland from Seattle to be with me, while I moved from Mexico to Portland to be with him, and I found this great print with the state of Oregon on it and it says "I'm so glad we both showed up here". How perfect is that? Also - magnets from scrabble letters about places and activities early on in our relationship.

Hmm... I'll think about it.

FuR
Ultimate Ninja

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FuR   Email FuR   Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmmburrito...

c'mon, pdx trumps seattle any day [Wink]

Posts: 11139 | From: Planet FuR now serving Portland | Reg: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
verb
ultra super ninja

Icon 1 posted      Profile for verb   Email verb   Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anniversaries are a time for the giving of yarns, and books about statistics, and novelty candies, and BBC dramas. This is what I have learned from love.
Posts: 7063 | From: chicago, il, usa | Reg: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
distortion&delay
ultra super member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for distortion&delay   Email distortion&delay   Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMGORZ!!!!!!!1!!

It is so teh easier once marriaged. U neva haf to git presents for anversry. case if you're spowse left you they just be in HELL when they died. so u just dont haf to buy.

u r dating thoug....... so i gues u just haf to no them well and by a thing they lik.

Posts: 2879 | From: Aurora, IL | Reg: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Meghan
Ultimate Ninja

No worries. He proposed. He gave me a ring. I couldn't even try to beat that.

AND tickets to see the Black Keys.

distortion&delay
ultra super member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for distortion&delay   Email distortion&delay   Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice!
p e t e

Congrats! I told you a burrito was a good idea.

(p e t e)

FuR
Ultimate Ninja

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FuR   Email FuR   Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
awesome. [Big Grin]

Posts: 11139 | From: Planet FuR now serving Portland | Reg: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
breezygirl
Ultimate Ninja

Icon 1 posted      Profile for breezygirl   Email breezygirl   Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by distortion&delay:
OMGORZ!!!!!!!1!!

It is so teh easier once marriaged. U neva haf to git presents for anversry. case if you're spowse left you they just be in HELL when they died. so u just dont haf to buy.

u r dating thoug....... so i gues u just haf to no them well and by a thing they lik.

I assume this post is some sort of artistic expression.
Posts: 11091 | From: The Monarchy | Reg: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
breezygirl
Ultimate Ninja

Icon 3 posted      Profile for breezygirl   Email breezygirl   Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Meghan:
AND tickets to see the Black Keys. Switchfoot

Remember those days?
Posts: 11091 | From: The Monarchy | Reg: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Meghan
Ultimate Ninja

I'm glad you responded to your husband, because I didn't know how to.

I DO remember those days, although I haven't seen Switchfoot live since.. 2003? I'm a snob, but seeing them play with 5,000 others is not the same as 200 others. Debbie Downer!

But.. yeah... 20,000 others at a Black Keys concert is different. Kinda. [Smile]

distortion&delay
ultra super member

Based on the thread name, I was going to post the list of traditional gifts based on anniversary year, but then I realized it was a dating anniversary and not a marriage anniversary.

If you had followed that list and he realized that it was based on traditional gifts for a spouse, that could put some undue pressure on the poor bloke.

When I realized I had nothing of importance to say I thought I should go the other way with it and post like fourteen-year-old Facebook ****tard.

I thought the Markov Chain there was pretty obvious.

[Wink]

-j

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2011 Decapolis. All Rights Reserved.
Terms of Use